Monday, August 29, 2011

The Mantilla Veil

I posted earlier today on a few of the top Hispanic wedding traditions, as discussed on Para ti Novia, and saved one of these traditions for its very own post. Even as a little girl I knew that I wanted to incorporate this look into my wedding -- although I didn't know its name -- and I never changed my mind! This is the classic hispanic tradition of The Mantilla veil.

Mantillas are lace or silk veils worn over the head and shoulders, often over a high comb, and are often associated with catholic weddings. A true mantilla is a veil that is NOT gathered, although it might be secured to either the hair, a hair comb, or a headpiece. The wedding mantilla, with its delicate grace, adds a touch of elegance to any wedding. After all, if it's good enough for Grace Kelly (who wore a mantilla at her own wedding), then its good enough for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment