Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Coconut Cocktails!

I've talked about how much I love the idea of a fun signature cocktail for a destination wedding before on this blog. It's a great way to add a personal touch while incorporating a delicious (and visually appealing) treat!

Having spent the first 10 years of my life in the tropics -- the Philippines, specifically -- I became quite familiar with the trick of slicing off the top of a young green coconut (or buko as they are called in Tagalog) and popping in a straw to drink out the sweet juice inside. This has also been frequently used as a method for serving cocktails, whether or not the actual "buko juice" is even used. I love the idea of serving drinks out of coconuts for a beach wedding! 

Use your imagination! When it comes to signature cocktails and ways to serve them, the sky is the limit. Also, consider incorporating something that has personal significance. Are you a huge fan of literature? I've seen wedding photos of couples that have had snippets from classic novels papier-mâchés onto their stemware and then given them to guests as take-home gifts. Get creative!




No comments:

Post a Comment