Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mexican and Armenian Cuisine: A Match Made In Heaven - Los Angeles Times

I love the idea of incorporating authentic cuisine at your beach ceremony, regardless of what type of food you want to include as your main component. So when I came across this article written by a Mexican woman marrying an Armenian man--and determined to combine both cuisines--I had to include it! It just goes to show that you can take inspiration from Mexican cooking and meld it with virtually any type of cuisine:

"Like many women, I had a secret list of requirements that my future husband would have to meet before I married him. At the top of the list? He had to love food.
 In my Mexican family, food has always been at the forefront of our conversations, imagination and life. My parents and I will spend hours discussing a menu for any gathering, no matter how small. My grandmother and father would take an entire day preparing a family meal, shopping together, cooking together. My mother could create a fabulous meal out of anything in the pantry." ... Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment