Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Great Wedding Cake Trends to Consider

For some brides, the wedding cake is one of the key components to making your wedding day exactly what you'd always imagined. I will certainly be one of those brides. So I loved these suggestions that I found from The Knot on wedding cake trends that really stood out. Here are a few of my favorites!

1. Buttercream-frosted Cake: Keep it simple. As The Knot says, there's nothing more irresistible than buttercream frosting piped on thick -- so true!

2. A Chocolate Wedding Cake: Doesn't it seem like traditional wedding cakes are always iced with white or cream frosting, and that chocolate iced cakes are reserved for the groom's cake? This does NOT have to be the case!

3. A Cake Modeled After the Gown or Veil: Here's a trend that I haven't seen before...and love! In the picture attached, the fondant-iced cake had lace designs and silver and pearl accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment